A little bit about us…
At SquaredUp, we make complex data simple—simple to share, find and understand. The world today is drowning in data and starved of information. Via cutting-edge data visualization technology, SquaredUp connects and surfaces data, giving organizations the big picture.
But at the heart of what makes SquaredUp special is its people and its values. At SquaredUp, we are a generous, fun-loving team of bright sparks powered by a core set of values—Integrity, Passion and Togetherness. As a close-knit, remote-first company working across the UK and the US, we prioritise a happy workforce as we are excited about charting new territories.
What does the role involve?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join the Engineering team here at SquaredUp. We have some big plans for the next 12 months and require new product features to be developed in response to the needs of our users.
You will be part of a small, focused, and highly supportive team within the SquaredUp engineering department looking to launch a brand-new to a global market.
We are keen to hear from a wide range of people with different backgrounds and levels of experience.
What would you do in your first 6 months?
- Settle into our agile team environment. We like people to get to know everyone, so we regularly create new workgroups that can deliver features as a team.
- Understand the core SquaredUp products and customer journeys.
- Connect with the wider Engineering team to share common problems, knowledge and best practices.
- Contribute code that makes incremental improvements to SquaredUp Cloud and be responsible for its delivery.
What qualities can you bring to SquaredUp?
- A keen interest in learning the benefits of Typescript and how to use it.
- A positive attitude towards improving customer experiences.
- Desire to produce clean code and work together in pursuit of code quality.
- Enthusiasm and great interpersonal skills.
- Curiosity to learn about data visualisation.
- Ability to evaluate user data and solve customer problems.
- Some experience of automating tests, builds and deployments
We don’t expect candidates to have experience in all of these, but knowledge of some and a willingness to learn is desirable.
If you have talent in abundance, we have the packages to match; including private medical care, a generous holiday allowance, home set up budget, volunteering days and company share options. Most importantly you’ll be working with talented individuals who like to have FUN…. from tech meetups to roller-coasters, poker, table tennis, board games, bake-offs, and music nights – there’s always plenty going on. Not to mention our Slack channel which is full of randomness.
SquaredUp knows there’s more to life than just work and our dedicated Wellbeing Team are here to support you! We want to encourage you to stay active, connect with your mental health, and overall achieve a great work/life balance.
Apply now or get in touch with our Talent team for more details.